Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dawn Zulueta in accepting the role: “I hope Maricel would be proud of me”

Last Monday, actress Dawn Zulueta was formally introduced as a new character to the teleserye “Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin”.  The actress had expressed her gratitude to the Kapamilya Network in giving their trust on her to be part of the said project.


“Malaki talaga ang trust ng network dahil sila ang nagbigay sa akin ng opportunity noong nangangarap pa lang ako, na sana magkaroon ako ng napaka-memorable na role, they helped me that dream happened because we had Walang Hanggan that became a phenomenal hit,” said Dawn as she smiles.

Due to the controversial issue happened on veteran actress Maricel Soriano (who first got the offer on the role) the said role was given to Zulueta.

Asked how Dawn had accepted the role when it was offered to her after Maricel, she replied, “Noong pinresent nila ang istorya sa akin nagandahan talaga ako lalo na doon sa role ni Maria (Maricel Soriano). I hope Maricel would be proud of me, she also prepared a lot para sa role na ito para magampanan ito but things turned out unfortunately. I hope ang pag-portray ko ng role na dapat sana ay para sa diamond star, I hope she’ll be proud,” she said.

According to the actress, she was not able to speak to Maricel that she was the one who was selected for the role, “Hindi na, dahil walang time. Everything happened so fast. Just a few days ago we had a meeting and I just said give me some time to think about it. I have to talk to Anton (Lagdameo) before I could really make a real decision because noong nag-meeting naman kami nina Deo (Endrinal), hindi ako kaagad-agad um-oo. I was only able to say that I really like the project. Since then, nang nag-desisyon kami, all I did was researching. Ang role ko rito is Zenaida, Zenaida is the mom of Miguel who is played by Gerald Anderson,” shares Dawn.

The actress is happy because she will be working again with Gerald Anderson whom she had worked before in one movie.  According to Zulueta, it’s not hard for her to act as a mother for Gerald in the soap. “It is so easy naman for me to feel na anak ko si Gerald, sa years pa lang parang puwede naman talaga akong maging nanay niya. Gerald is a very affecting actor; it wasn’t hard for me to get into my role. Prior to this, the only time I ever worked with Gerald is sa Catch me I’m In Love, and it was such a light rom-com (romantic-comedy)”

‘I’m really looking forward to this. Noong pinapanood ko si Gerald doing Budoy napabilib niya talaga ako. Sabi ko sana, mabigyan pa ako ng chance na makatrabaho kita. Nakita ko na talaga kung ano pa ang kaya niyang gawin,” said the actress.

Dawn also feels that she has been so lucky because all of her sons in soaps are handsome such as Coco Martin in “Walang Hanggan” and Gerald in “Bukas Na Lang Kita Mamahalin”. She is even wishing for his real-son Jocobo to be the same as Coco and Gerald. “I feel so lucky kasi everytime I look at my son Jacobo, talagang nai-imagine ko na sana lumaki siya na parang si Gerald. ‘Yung ganun din ang katawan. Kapag nakikita ko si Coco, naiisip ko na sana lumaki rin ang anak ko na kasing lambing, pinapangarap ko ‘yun, peg sila, ha-ha-ha.”

Meanwhile, she also addressed their team-up of Richard Gomez, according to Dawn their fans should not get sad because they will be working again in another project after the election period.

For more updates on kapamilya stars, like us in FACEBOOK, follow us on TWITTER kapamilya.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CELEBRITY NEWS