Monday, February 11, 2013

Jessica Sanches to stage her debut concert in the Philippines on Valentine's Day


The first-runner of last year's American Idol Jessica Sanchez is currently in the Philippines to stage her debut concert which will happen at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on Valentine’s Day. She will be joined in by “American Idol” Season 11 seventh placer Colton Dixon.

On Monday, During a press conference held in Quezon City, Jessica said singing has always been her dream and even when she got bullied when she was younger, she persevered hard to reach her dreams.

“When I was younger, I got picked on a lot at school. It has always been my dream to become a singer and I didn't let anybody put me down. I got bullied a lot and people picked on the fact that I sing and I'm not good enough. I don't care what you say, this is what I want to do,” recounts Sanchez.

Being one of the successful young competitors on the show, Jessica encourages younger generations to strive hard for their dreams.

"I'm just jumping into opportunities that come to my life and all I can say to the younger generation is just jump in and do what you have to do. You have flaws. You have mistakes and things are going to happen sometimes. But just be you," she said.

Sanchez said she is really working hard to put the Philippines on the map so Filipinos would be known worldwide. “It’s really difficult for biracial people to get on the radio in the States. I’m very proud to be part Filipino and I want to be one of those artists that puts the Philippines on the map like Bruno Mars,” said the 17-year old singer.


Meanwhile, Jessica was so proud and thrilled to see more Filipino-American hopefuls in the newest season of the hit American musical show.

“I'm excited. I haven't been really keeping up with the show lately because I’ve been getting ready for my concert this Valentine’s Day and I’ve been practicing. But I’ll definitely be catching up. I know that there are some Filipino-Americans on the show. I was one of those people and it's so great because I made it far and I'm excited for them,” she said.

To name a few, some of the Filipino Americans who made it up to the Top-40 are Adriana Latonio, Jett Hermano and Bryant Tadeo.  Jessica said she will also be returning on the “Idol” stage “very very soon” to perform her single during one of its live shows.

For more updates on kapamilya stars, like us in FACEBOOK, follow us on TWITTER kapamilya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CELEBRITY NEWS